Labels

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

#sol17Celebrate94

This week
We said good-bye to the
9th of 10 for Anna and Jeremiah,
Born, raised on the farm,
Never went into the barn.
Long-standing-Brooklynite,
Teller at banks that no longer exist.
Follower of Days of Our Lives,
Fan of  theYankees
After the Dodgers moved to LA.
Connoisseaur of movies,
Actresses, actors, across decades
Bogart, Hepburn, Harlow, Stanwick,
Hanks, Depp, Pitt, Roberts, Diaz.
Lover of Hershey Bars and Kisses, 
Ice cream and Celeste Pizzas.
Making the best of what life sent her way/
My Aunt,
Sitting next to my grandmother
Holding my cousin,
Long ago.

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, shoes

3 comments:

Diane Anderson said...

Beautiful tribute. And the photo...

Linda B said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Anita. My family said goodbye this year to the last of my mother's side's aunts and uncles. It means a goodbye for our childhood memories, too, doesn't it? I love seeing the picture.

elsie said...

From your poem, I can tell this was a full life. I'm sorry for your loss. Slowly the aunts and uncles leave us, but the memories of these people will linger.